"Hit the Job Writing is a book every young professional should have on their desk.
Not only is it a great read, but it’s also an excellent reference guide on all things writing-related"
Deanna E., Millennial
"Wow! My overall impression/opinion is that I am thrilled this book will exist! …
The new gold standard for effective business writing!"
Marcia Nye, Freelance Writer
"I think the book is terrific. It does what colleges don’t do,
which is to provide the tools to write clearly and with purpose.
Everyone in the business world and elsewhere could use it."
Dr. Bill Coplin, Professor, Syracuse University
Do you believe you're a good writer? (Be honest, would your boss agree?)
Take the following quiz to find out:
If you answered 'Yes' to any of these questions, take a look at Hit the Job Writing.
You’ll be surprised by how many easy ways there are to improve your writing at work.
- Have you ever been in a hurry, and can’t remember whether to use “it’s” or “its”? “Who” or “whom”?
- Would you doubt someone who said there is a way to write a useful outline that is not a soul-crushing experience?
- Is the phrase "align grammar to the story" unfamiliar to you?
- Does it surprise you that sometimes it’s best to add words when you're trying to be concise?
- Do you tend to avoid varying the structure and length of your sentences?
- Do you wish it were easier to format your written material so it’s easier for people to read?
- Has anyone gone ballistic on you after totally misreading the tone you intended in an email?
- When you really need to be tactful, do you ever struggle to choose just the right words?
- Would it surprise you that persuasiveness can be achieved in part by choosing your words
to match the personality of your reader?
- Do you fear your writing is preventing you from being promoted, or even getting a job?
Go here: Hit the Job Running,
the website where this workbook is offered as a sequel to their eminently useful book for people new to the job market,
Hit the Job Running.
Grammarly, your automated proofreader and grammar coach:
- Eliminates most writing mistakes
Grammarly corrects over 250 grammatical mistakes, while also catching contextual spelling errors and poor vocabulary usage.
- Works wherever you write online
Grammarly helps you write mistake-free in Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the Web.
- Built by the world’s leading linguists
Grammarly’s powerful grammar checking algorithms are developed by the world’s leading authorities on linguistic technologies.